Financing a Sacred Heart Education
A Sacred Heart education is an investment in your daughter’s future. Providing an independent school education requires careful financial planning and considerable sacrifice for most families. The School is committed to making a Sacred Heart education affordable to all academically qualified students who demonstrate need.
Financial aid is available to all students in Grades K-12. Requests for financial aid have no bearing on admission decisions made by the Admission Committee and no student will be denied admission because of financial need.
Sacred Heart supports a financial aid budget that represents 12.5% of the School’s annual operating budget. The financial aid awards total more than $2.5 million and students receiving financial aid represent 17 percent of our student body.
To Apply for Financial Aid
|Convent of the Sacred Heart, like many independent schools, uses the services of School and Student Services for Financial Aid, or SSS, to help in assessing need. |
The following information is required to apply for financial aid:
DUE DATE FOR SUBMITTING ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS:
- Parent Financial Statement (PFS) - You may complete the Parents’ Financial Statement online at www.sss.nais.org/parents. Click on green “Apply Now” button to enter the PFS Online. If you wish to complete the PFS using the paper form please contact the Financial Aid Office at Convent of the Sacred Heart to acquire the required paperwork. DUE DATE FOR COMPLETING THE PFS IS JANUARY 1. If you have questions as you complete the PFS, contact SSS customer service at 800.344.8328.
- All federal tax forms, including ALL schedules and W-2’s, and any applicable business returns. You may submit additional required documents in one of three ways:
- If you complete the PFS online, you will have access to the Manage Documents section of the PFS Online, where you can upload documents.
- If you wish to submit documents by mail directly to SSS, send them with a COVER SHEET (found at sss.nais.org/go/coversheet) to School and Student Services, PO Box 449, Randolph, MA 02368-0449.
- If you prefer to submit additional documentation directly to Convent of the Sacred Heart, please mail a copy (not the original) of each document to Convent of the Sacred Heart, Attn: Financial Aid Office, 1177 King Street, Greenwich, CT 06831.
- Federal Form 4506, signed but undated (available in the Financial Aid Office).
The information you provide is kept confidential and shared only with the Financial Aid Committee. Financial Aid files are reviewed and allocations are made, only after a student is admitted. If a student is neither admitted nor placed in the wait pool, the financial aid file is shredded.
- FEBRUARY 15 for new applicants
- MARCH 1 for returning CSH families
Please contact the Financial Aid Office at email@example.com or call 203.532.3534 if you have any questions.
All students are offered three tuition payment options:
- Full Payment Schedule: One Hundred percent of tuition and all fees, less the 10% registration deposit, is due on June 1.
- Regular Schedule: Fifty percent of tuition and all fees, less the 10% registration deposit, is due on June 1. The remaining fifty percent of tuition is due on December 1.
- Sallie Mae Payment Plan: A non-refundable deposit of 10% of the total tuition is due upon submission of the enrollment contract. For a minimal fee, Sallie Mae will spread the balance of the tuition over 10 monthly payments with no interest charge.