Nancy Salisbury, RSCJ Hall
Nancy Salisbury, RSCJ Hall is the main administration building of Sacred Heart Greenwich and is located on the highest point of land in Greenwich, affording beautiful views of Long Island Sound. It was named in honor of a former headmistress, Nancy Salisbury, RSCJ (1930-2004).
The Society of the Sacred Heart purchased the building, then a private residence owned by the Block family, in the early 1940s. The School moved to this location on King Street from New York City, opening its doors on September 27, 1945. Mr. Block's home was called “Friendship” and the campus continues that tradition with a warm welcome offered to new students and families.
Today, the historic building is the starting point for all visitors, who approach it along the majestic drive that winds past an old apple orchard, the entrance to the tennis courts and modern athletic turf fields. Nancy Salisbury, RSCJ Hall houses the offices of the Head of School, Admissions, Advancement and other administrators. On the ground floor is the School Chapel, dining room, and the Cora E. McLaughlin ’29, RSCJ Art Gallery.