Welcome to our 170th academic year at Sacred Heart Greenwich. This year, we return to reconnect our energies to the education of youth as members of a vibrant, mission-centered community. As a school, we advocate for the values of faith, intellectual depth, service, community building, and well-informed decision making. These are the skills that our students need, as they live in an era of rapid change.
Our faculty are called to their work to provide intentionally strong relationships with our students, to give them guidance, and to foster within them a vibrant curiosity about learning. They are committed to their own ongoing growth as professionals, learning from and supporting each other. When they model this type of leadership, our students reap the benefits.
Our 2018 - 2019 all school theme centers around Goal II: Schools of the Sacred Heart commit themselves to educate to a deep respect for intellectual values.
This school year, Sacred Heart Greenwich will focus on our educational program. We will continue to:
- Develop and implement a curriculum based on the Goals and Criteria, educational research and ongoing evaluation.
- Provide a rigorous education that incorporates all forms of critical thinking and inspires a life-long love of learning.
- Develop aesthetic values and the creative use of the imagination.
- Utilize a variety of teaching and learning strategies that recognize the individual needs of the students.
- Provide ongoing professional development for faculty and staff.
- Model and teach ethical and respectful use of technology.
We want to inspire our students to approach the acquisition of knowledge not as an endpoint, but as the beginning of a deeper questioning that sparks the evolution of new ideas and captures new ways to problem solve.
We invite all in our school community to join us as together we make this commitment.