The mission of the Library Program, as guided by the Goals and Criteria for Sacred Heart Schools in the United States, is:
• to support the curriculum needs of all students in Barat Center through 12th grade
• to integrate the effective use of library and information resources into the curriculum
• to provide an environment conducive to learning, study and research
• to foster a lifelong appreciation of literature and reading for pleasure
• to help students navigate the ever-growing world of electronic information
• to develop critical thinking in students’ choice and use of information resources in all formats
• to support the faculty’s development of curricula and teaching strategies.